Saturday, March 14, 2009

Amazonían Ecuador!

squirrel monkey

Jon aiming a blowgun
tamarind monkey
jungle hike!

swimming with caiman and piranhas

March 3rd-6th (Amazonía Ecuador)
After the Galápagos we spent 3 nights and 4 days in the jungle! We stayed at a great ecolodge, Napo Wildlife Center, that is 100% owned by the native community. We did a lot of canoeing, hiking, and wildlife spotting! We saw 6 different monkey species, swam in a dark lake with caiman, piranhas, and 9 ft. fish, and saw lots of HUGE insects!!! Cockroaches galore!!

2 comments:

sig said...

"and jon saddled up to the pipe and thankfully did not inhale..."

Unknown said...

Hey, John! I was at the Rio Napo in Ecuador in 1995--of course, they didn't let me shoot a blowpipe (I guess they could tell I don't have very good aim . . .), AND i was too chicken to swim with the piranhas, but the jungle was amazing nevertheless. I am jealous! am glad to hear you guys will be back up in washington! cousin christina